Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tempo Thursday

I did make it to the gym last night.  I did a 30 minute "random" recumbent bike workout on level 5.  Afterwards, I lifted some weights.  I stuck with upper body and core work since I knew I'd be running this morning.  I didn't want to run on sore legs.

This morning I did a 3 mile tempo run.  I ran 1 mile at an easy pace, 1 mile at a faster tempo pace (was going for 5k or 10k pace, but ended up a little quicker), then the last mile at easy pace again.  It was a good run.  When I looked at the temperature before I went out and saw the number 22 I wanted to crawl back in bed, but I knew I'd warm up, especially since this was a tempo run, not just an easy jog.

Splits:
Mile 1: 9:10
Mile 2: 8:12
Mile 3: 9:18

Overall: 3.05 miles in 27:12

So all in all I think this run was a success!

This is what I get to come home to - this is MiMi thinking I need kitty kisses while trying to stretch.
 
Note the bright yellow shirt.  Can't miss that!
 

 
After my stretch, I did my #plankaday. 1:46.8 - not too bad for after a tempo run!

No comments:

Post a Comment