Sunday, December 9, 2012

I did it!

Lemme just heave a sigh of relief and say I DID IT!  I ran today and I was ok!!!  I kept waiting and waiting to feel pain or any twinge that would make me have to stop, but nope.  There was none.  I ended up doing 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym so I could get a strength workout afterward since I haven't been able to this week.

My strength workout:
Shoulder Press 2 sets of 15 @ 15 lbs (I am so weak at this!)
Triceps Press 2 sets of 15 @ 40 lbs
Back extension 2 sets of 15 @ 80 lbs <-- this is an increase from 75, yay!
Abdominal Crunch 2 sets of 20 @ 50 lbs
Chest Press 2 sets of 12 @ 25 lbs
Seated Row 2 sets of 15 @ 30 lbs
Pull down 2 sets of 12 @ 35 lbs

I stayed away from the legs machines due to just running and the fact that I want to run tomorrow as well.  No need to overdo it, right?  I think I'm learning my lesson on that.  I also did my #plankaday at 1:24.0 (not bad for doing it late in the day), and did a lot more stretching and foam rolling.

Overall this week I ran 18.44 miles in 2:49:34.  Average pace: 9:12 (a bit too fast, but I've already talked about that).  Goals for next week include slowing down that pace, getting to the gym twice, and running 19 miles.  I'll post my schedule later on tonight.  Right now I'm just feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment