Sunday, December 23, 2012

Training Schedule Week of 12/24/2012 - 12/30/2012

So.  This is a big holiday week.  I AM STILL GOING TO RUN.  I know things might get crazy.  I know I might need to do quite a bit of rearranging and planning to make sure I'm able to get out.  But I'm going to give this all I've got this week.

Monday:  6 miles Long Run
Tuesday:  3 miles Easy/Recovery - this is Christmas Day.  Needless to say, this might get pushed.
Wednesday:  GYM day
Thursday:  4 miles Tempo
Friday:  3 miles Easy - plus weights
Saturday:  4 miles Easy
Sunday:  OFF

Pretty much, if I don't run my 3 miles on Tuesday, I'm looking at running them on the treadmill on Wednesday in lieu of another crosstraining/cardio exercise and then do upper body weights (same thing I'll be doing Friday).  If I get to Friday and I'm feeling like I don't want to run a 4th day in a row on Saturday, I'll take Saturday as a bike plus lower body weights day and then run the 4 on Sunday.  I know this sounds confuzzling, but it all works out.  It will work out.

This is my last week before starting my half marathon training.  I'll be using a modified (of course) version of Hal Higdon's Intermediate Half plan.  I'll go more into why I chose that and what my modifications are in the next week.  Let's focus on this week first.

Speaking of focusing on this week, like I said, this is a big holiday week.  This is the week where I am personally celebrating the birth of the newborn Jesus Christ and the gift that he IS to the world.  Tomorrow evening my family will be attending Mass and giving thanks to God for his most gracious gift.  Christ is born, Alleluia, Alleluia!

No matter where or how you are celebrating this holiday season, I just want to wish you happiness and joy.  Peace be with you always!  May you receive lots of running related gifts under the tree!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment