Thursday, January 31, 2013

See Ya Next Year, January!

The first month of 2013 went by pretty quickly!

Today I was at the gym for my scheduled easy treadmill 3 miler and strength training.

My run went about as easy as can be (despite feeling some weird foot thing - almost like it's bruised in a certain spot? It didn't interfere with my running, but it was odd).  The most notable thing about my treadmill activity was the guy next to me who stopped run/walking or whatever he was doing to crawl, yes, on all fours on the treadmill.  Is there a reason for this?  Is there a new fitness trend I'm missing out on?  Admittedly, when he first did it, I think I jumped 3 feet in the air on my treadmill because it freaked me out.  But he kept doing it!  It was like run/walk/run/crawl or something like that.  I don't want to be making fun of anyone if that's a legit exercise "thing", but it just strikes me as really bizarre...

Anyway, easy 3 done.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 10:01
Mile 2 - 9:33
Mile 3 - 9:06

Overall: 3.23 miles in 31:01.  Average pace: 9:35.  Yay.  Yeah, that's one of those boring "yay"s.

My strength workout went great!  In fact, I tacked a couple of extra things on it.  I decided that since I felt really great (and had two awesome runs afterward) when I used the abductor on a run day, I'd keep it up.  I also wanted to continue doing those crunches on the bench even though the ab crunch machine is back.  I seem to notice that they work two different parts of the abs, and I like getting all the ab work I can!

My workout:
Shoulder Press - 2 sets of 12 @ 15 lbs
Triceps Press - 1 set of 15 @ 45 lbs, 1 set of 15 @ 50 lbs
Back extension - 2 sets of 15 @ 90 lbs
Hip Abduction - 2 sets of 15 @ 100 lbs
Abdominal Crunch - 2 sets of 20 @ 55 lbs
Chest Press - 2 sets of 12 @ 30 lbs
Seated Row - 2 sets of 15 @ 30 lbs
Pull down - 2 sets of 12 @ 40 lbs
Bench crunches - 2 sets of 20

And I got my #plankaday done for 3:41.1.  BOOM!

Since this is the last day of the month, I want to do an end of the month review!
This month I ran 86.29 miles!  Average pace: 9:23.  Hopefully I'll hit the 100 mile per month mark in the next month or two.  This is the most I have ran EVER.  So happy!

Also - on the 1st of January, my plank was 2:01.5.  You see today's was 3:41.1.  A 1:40 increase!  I don't know if I can do that again for February, but I'll try!

As far as weights go, I was able to increase my triceps press from 45 to 50 lbs, my back extension from 80 to 90, and the pull down from 35-40.  Getting stronger all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment