Wednesday, January 23, 2013

That Being Said

Here's my hump day training report!

Tuesday, with the windchill being near -20F, I went to the gym for my easy run.  There's really not much to talk about a short treadmill run.  You don't go anywhere, you don't really see or hear anything (aside from the annoying twits on the ellipticals behind you that think everyone wants to hear their conversation), and you're just doing the hamster on a wheel thing.  I played with the incline a little bit, went up and down to simulate some little hills.  Other than that, it went just fine.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:54
Mile 2 - 9:43
Mile 3 - 9:31

Overall: 3.73 miles in 36:13.  Average Pace: 9:42.  Perfect.

Tuesday's #plankaday was 3:11.2.

I have to admit something here.  I ate like CRAP yesterday.  It was Nick's birthday, so I had pizza, cake, ice cream, cookies, etc.  Clean eating just wasn't a thing.  I did eat a salad from Trader Joe's for lunch, so at least I had something half decent in me... So, with that being said, I did not have high hopes for today's tempo run.

My plan was to go 10 minutes easy as a warmup, do 15 minutes at around 10K pace and then do 10 minutes easy and cooldown.  Again, the temps were arctic, so I went to the gym as planned.

The run actually went fanfreakingtastic!  I swear, I give a lot of credit to the Adrenalines.  Not one single twinge out of my knee... Love!  I felt like I could go a lot harder and farther, but I was a good girl and stuck to the plan.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:59
Mile 2 - 8:25
Mile 3 - 8:29
Mile 4 - 9:15

Overall: 4.01 miles in 36:21.  Average Pace: 9:03.  So proud of myself for this!

Today's #plankaday came in at 3:16.3.

I've been doing better about my eating today.  I had a half of a Clif Bar before my run and a banana afterward.  For lunch I had leftover roasted chicken with butternut squash, carrots, and turnips.  Yum.  Oh, and a big cup of coffee too.  Post run coffee is an institution that shall not be infringed upon.

I just heard there may be a DM get together at the Pittsburgh Marathon!  That would be so awesome and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment