Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Training Schedule Week of 1/14/2013-1/20/2013

Yeah, this is a little late, but hopefully I'll be all caught up again after this post.

Monday:  GYM - I did 30 mins on the recumbent bike for a total of 7.56 miles.  I also did my total body weight circuit.
Tuesday:  3.5 miles EASY
Wednesday:  6x400s with 200 recoveries.  Will also include a w/u and c/d.
Thursday:  3 miles EASY TM run and upper body weights
Friday:  REST!
Saturday: 3 miles PACE (9:10)
Sunday:  6.5 miles LONG - yeah!  starting to crank it up again!

My goal for this week is to keep the easy runs easy. 

I got to run today on my trail!!  There were a few puddles and a couple of patches of ice, but no big deal.  The biggest problem with the trail was you could tell that bicyclists were using it more than runners when it was mush because it is all grooved.  That made it hard to keep good footing and cadence.  I did turn my ankle pretty hard in one deep groove, but it seemed to snap right back ok and it didn't bother me the rest of the run.  Even now it's not bad.  If I'm being totally honest, I think the wobble messed my hip up more than anything... Oh well.  Stretching, icing and foam rolling to the rescue as usual.  :)

I did try to keep the run easy.  I was successful during the first mile, and then after that, as usual, I kept wanting to go all speed demon.  My ankle twisting happened almost at the halfway point, and obviously that didn't help my pacing issues.  But, overall, I didn't think I did too badly.  It wasn't the easiest or most enjoyable run, but it wasn't the worst by far.  Plus, I have to remember I just ran a really freakin HARD race just 2 days ago.  I can cut myself some slack here.  Right?

Splits:
Mile 1 - 10:19
Mile 2 - 9:32  <--- remember what I said before about that second mile?  I wish I could control this better...
Mile 3 - 9:37 - I refused to let myself get into the "must have negative splits" mindset when I was already running too fast.
Last .5 mile - 9:29

Overall: 3.53 miles in 34:32.  Average Pace: 9:46.  So, yeah, right within range, but it was a struggle.

Speaking of ranges, I wanted to post my updated training paces after this latest race time:

Long Run: 9:32-10:49
Easy Run:  9:30-10:26
Tempo:  8:35-8:49
5K Pace:  8:20
10K Pace:  8:39
Pace I'm aiming to run 13.1:  9:00-9:10

Really there's just a few seconds difference in times here, but I find the reminder of looking at numbers helpful.  Especially when I've been having trouble pacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment