Monday, January 21, 2013

Training Schedule Week of 1/21/2013-1/27/2013

Week 4 of Half Marathon Training!

Monday:  Childcare was an issue due to the kiddos being off school for MLK day, so I opted for videos today.  I did a 30 minute interval workout with weights including squats, burpees, mountain climbers, etc.  I also did 20 minutes of Yoga for Runners.  I got my #plankaday in for 3:31.5!
Tuesday:  3.5 miles EASY
Wednesday:  35 minute TEMPO
Thursday:  3 miles EASY plus upper body weights
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  3 miles EASY
Sunday:  7.5 miles LONG

We're expecting a little bit of snow, which is no big deal.  The big deal in my area over the next few days is concerning the temperature.  We're under a windchill advisory through Wednesday where we are expecting windchills between -10 and -20 degrees along with gusts of up to 30 mph.  Now, I consider myself to have a nice pair of balls, but times like this I'm glad that my brain is still bigger than those.  I'm fairly certain that tomorrow's run and Wednesday's run will be on the treadmill.  There's being a hardcore runner and then there's just being stupid for the sake of bragging about it.  I'll suck up the gym, thanks.  It will warm up enough that I will thankfully be able to get my weekend runs in outside again.  You gotta do what you gotta do!

No comments:

Post a Comment