Monday, January 28, 2013

Training Schedule Week of 1/28/2013-2/3/2013

Moving into February already!  This is Week 5 of 13 of my FIRST Half Marathon Training Plan!

Monday:  I couldn't get to the gym today again due to childcare issues because the kids were off school today.  No biggie.  According to Hal, this is "Stretch and Strength" day, so I did a workout called "Go Slow, Get Strong".  It was an awesome 20 minute session using light handweights (5 lbs for me) and doing squats, lunges, rows, chest presses, shoulder presses, triceps dips, biceps curls, and even planks.  It was great and I highly recommend it.  If you have Comcast cable, you can find it On Demand under Fitness Workouts.  I also did my #plankaday for 3:33.4!  After my strength workout, I did the 30 minute Yoga for Runners routine.  I find it really challenging, and while it feels good I realize that I may not be as flexible as I once thought I was.
Tuesday:  4 miles EASY
Wednesday:  7x400s with 200 recoveries.  Will include a w/u and c/d.
Thursday:  3 miles EASY plus strength
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  3 miles at goal PACE (9:00-9:10)
Sunday:  8 miles LONG

The mileage is gradually getting up there!  I'm excited.  The weather is supposed to be rainy but warm (for January) over the next couple of days.  I'll be outside enjoying the 50s!  Rain doesn't keep me inside unless it's freezing rain.  I'll just throw on a cap and go.

This week I'm going to try to have a repeat of the week before.  Keep it slow when I don't need to be fast, keep it easy and smart!

Run Happy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment