Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Training Schedule Week of 1/7/2013 - 1/13/2013

A little late posting this, being that it is TUESDAY and all, but hopefully you'll understand once I explain...

Half Marathon Training Week 2
Monday - was planned to be a GYM day, but instead it was a REST day (plus my #plankaday)
Tuesday - 3 miles EASY - and since I didn't hit the gym Monday, I added upper body weights
Wednesday - 30 minute TEMPO
Thursday - 3 miles EASY plus upper body weights
Friday - REST or, if I'm feeling strong, a light GYM session
Saturday - REST
Sunday - FRIGID FIVE MILER!!

To explain myself a bit for my lateness in this post and my messing around with my schedule:
I haven't been feeling so hot, pretty much for the past week.  It was nothing really bad, but I just felt "off", if that makes sense.  Well, after my run on Sunday and into Monday morning, I just felt worse and worse - fever that came and went, aches (other than the knee), dizziness, general lethargy, cough (including the bringing up of that gorgeous bright green crap from the lungs), and even freakin' pinkeye!  Thankfully my doctor's office had an open slot -- it helps that I live just a couple blocks away and can walk there faster than you can drive and park.  The general consensus is that I have some type of infection and/or virus.  So, they gave me some eye drops and zythromax.  Other than my #plankaday and a little bit of stretching, I spent Monday resting and just taking it easy.

I woke up today feeling a bit better.  At least well enough to attempt a little 3 mile "easy" run.  I decided to go to the gym because I didn't want my cough aggravated by the cold air and because I wanted to get my strength training in.  Nick also needed to hit the gym, so it just worked out best for all.

Believe it or not, my run went incredibly easy!  My body seemed to forget that I was sick.  Other than a slight twinge of the knee that only lasted a few seconds around the 2 mile point, I wouldn't have really known that I was under the weather.  The most trying part of my run was listening to the annoying girls on the ellipticals behind me.  I guess they thought the whole gym wanted to hear their chatter because every time I thought I had my iPod turned up over them they got even louder.  Ugh.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:44
Mile 2 - 9:27
Mile 3 - 9:02

Overall: 3.23 miles in 30:35.  Average pace: 9:28.  Negative splits!  A little quick for an "easy" run, but I swear it didn't feel that way. 

Now, my weight training is where I found myself struggling... I felt weak on nearly every machine except the Back Extension.  It felt like those machines had at least 10 more pounds on them than what I put on.  I pushed through and got done, but it was uncomfortable.

Shoulder Press - 2 sets of 12 @ 15 lbs
Triceps press - 2 sets of 15 @ 45 lbs
Back Extension - 2 sets of 15 @ 80 lbs
Chest Press - 2 sets of 12 @ 30 lbs
Seated Row - 2 sets of 15 @ 30 lbs
Pull Down - 2 sets of 12 @ 35 lbs

I didn't get to use the Abdominal Crunch machine because it was broken.  Yay ghetto gym.  They did look like they were at least attempting to fix it, though, so hopefully I'll get to use it on Thursday.  If not, I'll just do some regular crunches in addition to my planking at home.

Tomorrow I'm hitting North Park for my tempo run.  I checked out my trail and it's just not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment