Monday, February 25, 2013

Training Schedule Week of 2/25/2013-3/3/2013

Wow, looking into March already!  Amazing!

This is week 9 of 13 of my half marathon training:

Monday:  stretch and strength
Tuesday:  5 miles EASY
Wednesday:  9x400s  <-- you know, the same thing I did 2 weeks ago.  Oops.
Thursday:  3 miles EASY plus strength
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  REST/other activity  <-- this was one of those weeks Higdon said a race can be scheduled, but I can't find a race I'm interested in running this week, so I'm just going to take the opportunity to have an extra rest day.  If anything I'll make this a replication of Monday.
Sunday:  11 miles LONG RUN

My goal this week is to take it easy.  Of course I'll try to go balls to the wall on Wednesday, but the rest of the days I'm just going to be gentle with myself.  I'm feeling like I could use a dose of that this week.  I don't necessarily feel any worse for wear after yesterday's ten miler, but I do feel a little tired.

Today Nick is starting to train for a Century ride, which requires a long time in the gym.  I'm not really feeling up for spending a ton of time up there, so today I figured I'd take some time to get things done here at home as well as get some kind of activity in.

Here's my workout for the day:
20 jumping jacks
40 arm swings
10 arm circles
20 kneeling pushups
45 triceps dips
20 incline pushups
10 burpees
1:00 bridge
50 ab crunches
15 squats
40 lunges
70 Russian twists
20 calf raises
5 "regular" pushups
:30 forearm plank
20 sumo squats
4:43.7 pushup plank (new PR - getting close to my 5 min goal!)

Tomorrow will be my #PlankADay #plankstreak day 100!!

No comments:

Post a Comment