Monday, February 4, 2013

Training Schedule Week of 2/4/2013-2/10/2013

Week 6 of 13 of Half Marathon training is here!  Almost to the halfway point!  Eek!

Monday:  GYM
Tuesday:  4 miles EASY
Wednesday:  40 minute Tempo run
Thursday:  3 miles EASY plus strength
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  Valentines Day 10K Race for the RSG1 Foundation!  My first 10k!
Sunday:  Rest or Gym

I already went to the gym this morning.  I rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes on a random hill setting.  That felt ok, but my knee twinged on and off.  Afterward, I did my strength training.

Leg Press - 2 sets of 12 @ 55 lbs
Shoulder Press - 2 sets of 12 @ 15 lbs
Triceps Press - 2 sets of 15 @ 50 lbs
Back Extension - 2 sets of 15 @ 90 lbs
Hip adduction - 2 sets of 15 @ 100 lbs
Hip abduction - 2 sets of 15@ 100 lbs
Abdominal Crunch - 2 sets of 20 @ 55 lbs
Chest Press - 2 sets of 12 @ 30 lbs
Seated Row - 2 sets of 15 @ 30 lbs
Pull down - 2 sets of 12 @ 40 lbs
Biceps Curl - 1 set of 12 @ 25 lbs, 1 set of 12 @ 30 lbs <-- new!
Bench Crunches - 2 sets of 20

I felt pretty good but tired after this workout.  And now, sitting here, I'm wondering if I need to back off the weights for a while, or at least some of them, or just cut back the overall weight.  My back is sore.  It hurts to lean back.  The last thing I want or need is an injury from lifting weights.  This is supposed to compliment my running not interfere with it.  I can't help but think I had the ab machine on the wrong setting the last time I used it and lifted like 70 instead of 55.  I'm going to take some ibuprofen and see what happens with that, but I may very well cut the "strength" portion of my Thursday training plan in lieu of some yoga or pilates.  I don't want to aggravate something right before a race.

I'm excited for this race because a) I've never ran a 10K before, so I'll have another PR no matter what and b) it's to benefit a great cause.  Please check out the website for the Remi Savioz Glut1 Foundation and see all the wonderful things they are doing.  Needless to say, glucose and metabolic disorder research and treatment is near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment