Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 6 Complete!

I flirted with the idea of running today even though I had it listed as an off day.  I know I just a ran a good hard race yesterday and have earned every bit of soreness I feel today (and there's not a lot of it), but there's that nagging voice in my head saying "you only put in 18 miles this week.  Must.  Do. More.".  I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that it would just be stupid to potentially injure myself over being greedy, if that makes sense.  I think I deserve, and frankly need the extra rest since I'm into the second half of my training program now.  So, to stifle my guilt, I just did some exercises here at home.  Nothing too extreme, just some general physical activity.


  • 120 jumping jacks 
  • 10 incline pushups 
  • 20 tricep dips 
  • 15 pushups 
  • 10 burpees 
  • 30 arm circles 
  • 15 wall pushes 
  • 3 cobras 
  • 40 squats 
  • 30 lunges 
  • 40 calf raises 
  • 2x 1 min wall sits 
  • 40 sumos 
  • 30 leg raises 
  • 2 side planks: 1:18 on each side
Like I said, nothing fancy.  I've also been stretching and foam rolling.  My right quad is kind of sore, but its not bad and I'm sure I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

This week I ran 18.09 miles in 2:43:42.  Average pace was 9:03.  Seems fast, but that's because I had the race and that tempo run.  I also did the #PlankAnHour challenge with my twitter pals on Thursday and that was a ridiculous amount of fun.

Here's to another successful week!

Scary thought:  My next race is next month.  And it's my first Half Marathon!  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment