Monday, March 18, 2013

Did I Run Yesterday?

I don't feel like I ran yesterday.  I just gotta throw that out there because usually the day after my long run I'm a little sore in a spot or three or tired or something is just up that reminds me "hey, you put in a great effort yesterday!".  Today?  Nothing.  No sore spots.  I'm not tired at all.  My feet aren't exhausted, my legs aren't worn, my knees don't hurt and I feel.... normal.  This is really strange for me, so forgive me if I'm just really weirded out by it.  I was able to do almost 60 minutes of exercise today with no issues whatsoever.  I honestly feel like I could have ran and felt good about it if that happened to be on the schedule.  This is a good thing, right?

Speaking of the exercise I got in today, first of all, I did some side planks.  I know I've mentioned this 10 million times but these are really tough for me.  I did my best again today, ending up with right around 1:41 per side.

I did the new Workout Of the Week.  It's only 3 exercises (done 3 times through), and it's not too bad.  Lots of core work, which is just my favorite thing anyway.

This week I've moved to the Weight Lifting Plan for Runners Workout #2.  I really really liked this!  The toughest part was the reverse fly.  Oof!  I love the way I felt after this workout!

Workout timers.

Today I've also been keeping a closer eye on my eating since failing at getting my fruits and vegetables in yesterday.  Yes, I ate some leftover corned beef, but I had a more "fruitful" breakfast, lunch, and snacks.  If I can say one thing about this challenge, it is helping (forcing?) me to think through my snacks more.  I won't lie - I'm a snacker.  I have a wicked high metabolism (this, unlike popular opinions would have it, is not always a blessing) and truly need to snack throughout the day.  Pre-challenge, yeah, I'd have some fruit here and there, maybe some carrots and hummus in the afternoon, but more often than not you'd find my hands in the pretzels, or noshing on yogurt, nuts, Luna bars, crackers, cottage cheese, etc.  Not that any of those things are terrible, but I definitely wasn't always getting over 7 servings of fruits and veggies a day.  Now, in order to hit that mark I stop and think things like "hmm.. put back the pretzel bag and grab some strawberries" or "yeah, the cottage cheese sounds yummy, but why don't we have some celery with it".  I will say that tracking my foods again on MyFitnessPal has helped immensely.

Breakfast.  Chobani Vanilla, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries.  Started my day off great!

Water: just chugged the 8th cup, and I'm onto the 9th.  So, yes.
Fruits and veggies:  yes!  I made it!  I had several servings of berries, grape tomatoes, a heaping plate of cabbage, bananas, and a plum.

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz of water: 1
Eating 7+ servings of fruits and veg: 1
Doing the WOW: 1
Doing 53 minutes of exercise: 5

Total points for today: 8
Total points for week 3 of the SBBC: 8
Total points for the SBBC: 128

Back on the road tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment