Friday, March 1, 2013

Easing into March!

March already?  Really?  Well, I'm definitely easing my way into the month because today (and tomorrow) I'll be resting!  Then I'll start March off with a bang on Sunday with an 11 miler.  I hope.

Yesterday was interesting.  I know I've mentioned it before, but we have a heap of things going on around here.  It's affecting pretty much everything, including my schedule and when and how I can be places.  It does tick me off, but I can't let up on my training, so I just try to get it done however I can.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday for my 3 miler plus strength.  I ran around my hood again (I know, I know, old route.  Yes, it still sucked, but I got my miles in.  That's all that really matters.), and then I did a strengthening workout at home.  It was pretty much a mashup of a couple of Pinterest workouts I saw again.  Don't hate.

My run was in snowy and windy conditions, which normally doesn't bother me.  I was even wearing capris - yes, ones that fit.  I'm a nut, and I know that.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:48
Mile 2 - 9:21
Mile 3 - 8:48  <-- I swear it didn't feel this fast.

Overall I ran 3.03 miles in 28:29.  Average pace was 9:23.

Here's the workout I did at home:

100 Jumping jacks
25 V ups
30 regular crunches
20 squats
20 wall pushups
50 Russian twists
:15 side planks on each side
20 lunges (10 each side)
20 sumo squats
1:00 wall sit
30 leg lifts on each side
30 clamshells on each side
25 hip lifts
15 triceps dips
4:19 forearm plank

Not bad!

February Review:  This month I ran 96.89 miles.  Dang!  If February wouldn't be a short month, I may have been able to hit my 100 mile goal.  Oh well.  Looks like March will be my lucky month!  Average pace this month was 9:12.  Getting faster and going longer.  I like this!

As far as my planking goes, at the end of January my PR was 3:41.1.  At the end of February it was 4:43.7. I increased by another minute!

I'm not going to do a review on weights simply because I've been so hit and miss on getting to them, and I also cut back on them due to feeling like I was lifting way too much.  So, we'll see at the end of March what's doing with those.

I have done a lot more circuit workouts, kind of like the one listed above in February.  Honestly, I really like them and think I'm getting a great benefit from them... maybe even just as much so as the weight machines.

I feel pretty strong right now.  No injuries, no little nagging twinges.  I'm still very nervous about my ability to go the distance, but I'm getting there.  I'm doing it.  I will cross that finish line in 29 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment