Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Want Spring. Now.

That darn groundhog...  What does he know?

So Pittsburgh Public schools through me for a loop by cancelling at the last minute today. Oh well, I kind of thought it might happen so I had already mentally prepared to have to do my run on the treadmill today.  No big deal, really.

I did 10 minutes easy, 25 minutes between 5-10K pace, and then 10 minutes easy again.  It went pretty well if you ignore the treadmill boredom.  I'm ok on the treadmill for about 3 miles and then I start clock watching, sighing, and trying to focus on anything but the timer.  Nothing ever really helps, so I just have to get through it.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:51
Mile 2 - 8:31
Mile 3 - 8:14
Mile 4 - 8:15
Mile 5 - 9:08

Overall I ran 5.12 miles in 45:16.  Average pace: 8:50.  Like I said, it went well.  Thankfully, the gym was dead, so I even had the space (gasp!) to do my little stretching routine when I was done.

I did the WOW again.  I'm starting to get used to the jumps.  I'll probably start to like them just as we switch to a different WOW that doesn't include them.  haha

My #plankaday today was a set of side planks, which are my very weakest plank.  That's ok.  Getting better all the time is what matters, right?  I held them for about 1:45 on each side.


Plank, WOW, and run.

Water: I've had 8 cups, but I'll have more (and my tea) before the night is over.
Fruits and Veggies: Got em'.  It was pretty easy today due to my having a huge salad again.  I seem to go through phases with salads.  Either I'm really into them and can eat them for 2 meals a day if I can or I'm sick of them (which is probably a sign I need to change my fixin's up).  I'm on a salad kick again, so hooray!  I had some romaine, grape tomatoes (lots of those.  I love them.  I can wash them up and eat them by the handful), olives, peppers, and just a tad of dressing.  I also had a banana, grapefruit, celery, celmentines, and cauliflower.

I warn you, it was another terrible (ok, forgetful is the right term) day for food pics, but here goes:

My midday grapefruit snack, part of my salad and cauliflower at dinner, and the remnants of the clementine I just devoured before starting to type this... lol

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz water: 1
Eating 7+ servings of fruits and veggies: 1
Doing the WOW: 1
Doing 55 minutes of exercise: 5.5

Total for today: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment