Tuesday, March 19, 2013

On This Windy Tuesday...

I thought I was going to blow away there on several occasions today!  Wow!  Wind is just bad... but what's worse than wind alone is when the wind is blowing right at you, pushing you back, as you're trying to climb a hill.  And not even a HILL hill, but just a little piddly hill that's usually no biggie.  However, I will say that it kinda balances itself out when the wind is whipping hard at your back when you are on the way down.

So yes, I got my run in today.  Yes, it was ridiculously easy.  Yes, it was windy, which is always an extra challenge, but I made it through.  Not much to say about it, really.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:45
Mile 2 - 9:30
Mile 3 - 9:30
Mile 4 - 9:20
Mile 5 - 8:54  <-- wind at my back.... weeee!

Overall: 5.06 miles in 47:35.  Average pace: 9:24.

I also did the WOW again today - my abs are feelin it - and did my reverse plank.  My male cat (I have 2 females and 1 male.  Yes, they are all "fixed".) has decided recently that whenever I plank I am making him a special tent to lay under.  So, he lies there and I try to warn him that this isn't forever.  I tell him that I will be falling to the ground on top of him at any moment.  He usually doesn't listen.  Then he acts like he hates me for a while.  Silly furball.

WOW and plank times and a pic of my lunch.  Egg whites and swiss cheese, blueberries and blackberries, and Ezekiel Flax toast with raspberry preserves. 

If you haven't noticed yet, I love breakfast foods.  Seriously, I could eat breakfast food for every single meal of the day.  eggs, toast, pancakes, waffles (Belgian or regular), BACON, crepes, cereal, cream of wheat, grits, CoCo Wheats, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, smoothies, French toast, BACON... I love it all.  

Ok, let's get to the points wrapup for the day.

Water: never a problem here.  10 cups down today and still going.
Fruits and veggies:  I had to work at it today, but yes, I got it done!  Instead of eating Jello with the kids after swimming lessons, I had a plum.  Fine example of how this challenge can change a woman.  My second favorite "meal type" is dessert.  lol  Other than the plum, I had a banana, blueberries, blackberries, grape tomatoes, mandarins, broccoli, carrots, and edamame.

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz of water:  1
Eating 7+ servings of freggies:  1
Doing the WOW:  1
Doing 61 minutes of exercise:  6

Total points for today:  9
Total points for week 3 of the SBBC: 17
Total points for the SBBC:  137

Oh, I just want to say that I am elated that Danni won Biggest Loser last night!!  She was my favorite the entire season (followed by Joe).  She looks amazing!

Speaking of Biggest Loser, I got Jillian's new book Slim for Life and am a good chunk through with it.  I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.  I loved her Master Your Metabolism (seriously.  It changed my life!) book and cookbook, so I knew I had to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment