Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday Fun in the Sun

This was a downright BEAUTIFUL day!  I woke up and the sun was shining and the sun was bright and the sky was blue all day.

I started my day off with one of my favorite breakfasts - old fashioned oats with PB2, chia seeds, and almond milk.  I topped that off with a cup of coffee while watching some morning TV with my little girl and then got my game face on (ha).

I did the WOW and I planked.  I did a pushup plank for 5:18.  Tomorrow will be those nagging side planks again.

I was so excited to get out and run today.  Not only was the sun shining, but it was warm (well, if you're a crazy like me and consider 42 "warm").  I decided that today would be the day I would break out the running skirt for the season.  I think a lot of people thought I was crazy out there because they were all in their tights and jackets and whatnot, but I felt just fine.

I felt amazing this entire run.  I wanted to keep around an 8:50-9:00 pace, but my legs just weren't having it once they'd warmed up.  I'd look at my watch and it would say 8:20 something.  I say in my head "no no no, 8:50" and slow it way down (or so I thought) and I'd look at my watch a short time later and I'd be speeding right along again.  I honestly wasn't feeling like I was working at all.  I felt fantastic, wasn't breathing heavily, and honestly ended the run feeling like a) I'd barely just run at all and b) I could have ran a heck of a lot longer at that rate.  I guess I should take that as a good thing, huh?  Afterwards, I did my typical stretching, but I have had no issues since this run.  Well, aside from running over my toe with a shopping cart, but we'll not talk about that.. lol

Splits:
Mile 1 - 8:54
Mile 2 - 8:41
Mile 3 - 8:40
Mile 4 - 8:44
Mile 5 - 8:35

Overall I ran 5.04 miles in 43:56.  Average pace: 8:42.  Love(d) it!

Just a little summary of my day.  Sunshine makes me happy.  The food is one of my favorite snacks.  Vanilla Greek yogurt with warmed up mixed berries.  So yummy it feels like dessert in the middle of the day!

Water:  Check!  Not usually a problem here.
Fruits and Veg: Check!  Today I've had romaine, avocado, tomatoes (lots), berries, plum, grapes, and clementines.  I'm thinking of munching on some carrots and hummus here too, so there's some more vitamin A!  :)

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz water: 1
Eating 7+ servings of freggies: 1
Doing the WOW: 1
Doing 55 minutes of exercise: 5.5

Total points for today: 8.5
Total points for the week: 48.5

Tonight we set the clocks forward - Spring Ahead!  I hope this doesn't mess my long run tomorrow up too much.  I'm planning on going to bed early tonight (at least I'm going to try)!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous, I really wanted to run today! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristy! I can only imagine how bad you wanted out there, but you're staying healthy for Boston and that's important! :)

    ReplyDelete