Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SBBC Day 2 and First Run of the Week

This morning was one of those awful deceiving days where you look outside and the sky is bright blue and the sun is shining brightly - then you step outside.  And it's miserably cold.  Before I left for my run, my weather app said that it was 20 degrees but "felt like" 11.  Nice.  If you're a polar bear.

But, I bundled up and headed out... it was "only" an easy 5 miler on the books today after all.  Thankfully my run did go incredibly easy.  Nothing much to report other than my weird foot pain thing happening again.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:33
Mile 2 - 9:44
Mile 3 - 9:41
Mile 4 - 9:19
Mile 5 - 9:01 <-- I swear it didn't feel this fast AT ALL.

Overall: 5.06 miles in 47:55.  Average pace: 9:27.

It's supposed to snow like crazy overnight (3-8 inches is the spread I've heard), so I don't know what will happen tomorrow.  I'm scheduled for a 45 minute tempo run.  Nick and I were thinking of trying another gym, so maybe we'll do that if the snow keeps me from running outside.  Just gotta roll with it!

I also did the WOW again!  I did it faster, not that I'm aiming to go fast or anything, but Kelly Clarkson's Stronger was playing and I was feeling springy.  lol  I still don't love squat jumps, but I'll keep it up.

My #plankaday today was a pushup plank for 5:08.4!  rawr!  Tomorrow is side plank day and I suck at those, but one day I'll be great at them too!


Little bit of workout proof.

Water:  On cup #9 again today.  Will have at least another plus a cup of tea before bed.
Fruits and Veggies:  Check.  Today I've had a salad with red and green baby romaine, a handful of iceberg thrown in too (it was leftover from another meal and about to go bad.  I rarely ever buy it.  Arugula is honestly my favorite salad green), and tomatoes, peppers, and olives.  I also put some leftover chicken in it.  Other freggies included a banana, plum, apple, potatoes, and baby carrots.  I had some tomato soup too, but I don't know how much of that honestly counts toward a serving.

I've been terrible about snapping food pics today, especially since I ate a lot of leftovers and they're not typically visually appealing (leftovers are big in this house, and usually make up my lunches), but here are a couple of things:


Top:  Part of my salad from lunch.
Bottom:  One of the best snacks ever.  Gala apple with 1T almond butter.

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz water: 1
Eating 7+ servings of fruits and veggies: 1
Doing the WOW: 1
Doing 60 minutes of exercise (run+stretch, WOW, planking): 6

Total for today: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment