Thursday, March 21, 2013

There is no need for that much spray!

Haha.  The title of this post is a little inside joke with Nick.  Today at the gym he'd hit his breaking point with the new round of spray users at the gym and decided to post a note in one of the locker rooms.  That's all I'm really going to say about it.  ;-)

I actually had a great day of working out at the gym!  I got there at a decent time, got one of the "good" treadmills to do my short easy run on and then got my weights/strength work done and even stretched with little to no issue.  There were a couple of machine campers I had to wait for, but it wasn't long, so no big deal.  The only problem I really have right now is the fact that one of the newest gym members is a person that I used to work with.  We didn't really get along that well (she was BFFs with the person above us, so I pretty much got shit on constantly while she got to do whatever she wanted all the time - including tell me what to do - with little consequence).  I was so happy when I was able to leave that job for a better position with better pay elsewhere.  But to see her again, still with that snarky look toward me just pisses me off.  I know I shouldn't let it, but one of my many flaws in this life is that I can hold onto stuff forever.  It takes me a long time, if ever at all to let go of a grudge.  I pray every day for God to help me in this area.  I am not perfect.

Ok, I'm starting to get off topic again.

My run went really well.  It was just an easy 3 miles and change on the treadmill.  Nothing too much to say about it.  Hamster on a wheel.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:42
Mile 2 - 9:22
Mile 3 - 9:05

Overall: 3.22 miles in 30:24.  Average pace:  9:26.

My strength training was awesome.  As badly as I wanted to increase some weights, I reminded myself that I'm now in a taper of sorts, so it's probably not the best time to do that.  So, I stuck with exactly what I did the last time.  I ended the workout feeling great.  Worked over, but in the good way.

Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 12 @ 10 lbs
Abdominal Crunch - 3 sets of 20 @ 45 lbs
Back extension - 3 sets of 15 @ 65 lbs
Triceps Press - 3 sets of 15 @ 35 lbs
Pull down - 3 sets of 12 @ 30
Chest Press - 3 sets of 12 @ 25
Seated Row - 3 sets of 15 @ 25
Biceps curl - 3 sets of 12 @ 15

I also did the WOW again.  I really like this one.  It's probably my favorite so far.  Today's plank was a pushup plank that I held for 5:17.  My trick lately for my long planks is to pick a random song from my iTunes that is around 5 minutes long or longer and hold it for the duration of the song (if I can, of course).

Not a bad day of workouts!  I had one of my favorite snacks again today too - berries and Greek yogurt.  :)

Water: as always!  I'm working on cup # 10!
Freggies:  yes!  I made chili for dinner tonight, and as always, my chili is packed with veggies, so that helped.  I never really liked chili as a kid... my mom always made this stuff that was pretty much ground beef, taco seasoning or chili powder, and water.  This was poured over white rice in a bowl.  When I got older and started looking at chili recipes I was overcome with the options!  You can put carrots in chili?  Oh yes you can!  You can pretty much put anything you want in there... lol.  I've made many versions of chili since leaving home and all of them are veggie explosions.  Today's fruits and veggies included: Banana, grapefruit, tomatoes, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, jalepeno peppers, corn, potatoes, and blackberries and strawberries.

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz of water:  1
Eating 7+ servings of fruits and veggies:  1
Doing the WOW: 1
Doing 78 minutes of exercise:  7.5

Total points for today:  10.5
Total points for week 3 of the SBBC:  35
Total points for the SBBC:  155

Tomorrow is my rest day!  Except for planking and maybe the WOW, of course. Tomorrow also starts Spring break for my little ones.  They only have half of a day of school, so tomorrow's schedule will become quite hectic for me.  Can't wait to celebrate Holy Week with my family!

Speaking of which, only *I* would be that crazy/ballsy/stupid to schedule a half marathon the day after Good Friday.  Oops!  Well, I'm sure God is on my side through all of this.  It was because of Him that I started running in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment