Monday, April 8, 2013

Manic Monday - Training Schedule Week of 4/8/2013-4/14/2014

Today was one of those days, Mondays in particular, where I feel like I got a lot accomplished but at the same time I feel like I didn't do jack squat because there's so much to do.  Get in all my workouts? Check.  Finalize my weekly menu and grocery list?  Check.  Do research on other neighborhoods to live in since our lease is up soon?  Check.  Clean a large amount of junk from my desk and general area?  Check.  Get the urge to sanitize my kitchen with bleach?  Check.  I could go on and on.  Maybe it's the warmer weather, but I just feel like I constantly need to be doing something.

Like I said, I got in all my workouts today.  I did the most recent WOW, which I like, even though the bear crawl isn't my favorite thing.  I also did a reverse plank to Fun. Some Nights.  I don't know if I mentioned it here - I think it was on DM - but my latest thing with planking to keep it interesting is to put either my iTunes or Pandora on shuffle and plank as long as the song that comes on (within reason, of course.  I don't think I'll be planking to Shine On You Crazy Diamond anytime soon).

I also did RunToTheFinish Weight Lifting Plan for Runners Workout #2.  I really enjoy this one, and boy do I feel it.  I must say that I am super proud of myself now for being able to do "real" pushups, not always the girlie or kneeling kind.  Go me!


The labeling sums the times up, but the little pic in the upper left hand side might not be recognizable.  It's a list of the "Dirty Dozen Plus" and "Clean 15".  I use these when I'm writing up my shopping list to remind myself what is most important to buy organic and what I'm ok to skimp on if my budget needs the wiggle room.  I do deviate a bit, though.  I know the sweet potatoes are on the "clean 15" list, but (and I know this might make me weird) organic sweet potatoes taste better to me!  So, I buy them whenever I can.

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz of water:  1
Eating 7+ servings of fruits and vegetables:  1
Doing the WOW:  1
Doing 50 minutes of exercise:  5

Total points for today:  8
Total points for Week 6 of the SBBC:  8
Total points for the SBBC:  264

I've been doing a lot of thinking and going over what to do after May 5th (The Pittsburgh Half Marathon).  There's quite a bit of time between then and the Great Race on September 29th.  My original plan had been to do the Biggest Loser Half in Erie in August, but I can't make the trip then.  I'd love to do Rock n' Roll Pittsburgh on August 4th, but that's my son's birthday and I just wouldn't feel right making his day all about me and making him get up early, etc.  I have asked him several times if he'd mind and he has told me repeatedly not to do it, so as much as I'd love to say "suck it up, kid, it's only the morning", the Good Mom side of me knows that the right thing to do is whatever he wants that day.  Within reason, of course.

So here's what I'm thinking at this point.  Since I'm well aware of the fact that summers around here get hot and nasty quick, and this will actually be my 2nd summer running (how cool is that to say??) so I have some experience in the matter, my plan of action is as follows:  1) let myself have an easy week the week after Pittsburgh.  2) Build my mileage back up to the 30 mpw point and nudge it up toward 35.  3)  Give myself a break from the speedwork for a while.  Maybe throw some strides into some runs here and there, but generally keep the runs easy as I'm just working on more base building again.  I will go back to the speedwork a few weeks before the Great Race.  I'd love to get a wicked 10K PR there.  4)  Look for a local half to do in the late fall - October or November.  I'm currently eyeballing Buffalo Creek, which is 3 or 4 weeks after the Great Race, so that time span would work perfectly.  5)  Find a 5K or 2 to do before the end of the year.  I've beaten my 5K PR (which, granted, I've only ran 1 and it was back in Sept) many times during various runs (particularly speedwork days) during this training cycle.  It'd be cool to see what I can actually do at one now. 6)  Find a trail race to do this fall.  I haven't heard anything about Marshall Mangler yet this year, but if they have it again, I'm definitely interested.  I'll definitely do the shorter race, not the longer... lol

Again - just the things spinning around my head at this point.  This feels like a good plan to me, at least right now.  Granted, a lot could change and I'm willing to be flexible, but I like to have plans in place.  :)

All that said, here's my plan for the rest of THIS week!  Ha!
Monday:  see above.
Tuesday:  5 miles EASY
Wednesday:  9x400s.  <-- dreading these, tbh.  I hope I feel better about them by wednesday, but this is a major reason why I think giving myself a break from the speed training after this next half is a good idea.  Starting to dread runs days ahead of time can't be good.
Thursday:  3 miles EASY plus strength
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  5 miles at HM pace
Sunday:  10.5 miles LONG RUN

No comments:

Post a Comment