Monday, April 15, 2013

Training Schedule Week of 4/15/2013-4/21/2013

I've had one heck of a past 24 hours... just when I think things can't get worse.  Last night my husband and daughter and youngest son went to the store while the middle kid and I stayed home and did some cooking.  I got a phone call from Nick that was garbled and full of screaming and profanity, but I did make out the words "totaled the van".  The phone reception sucked because he was in the middle of a tunnel...  and involved in a multi vehicle pileup.  Crap.  My main concern was the kids and I was a mess until he actually got the message across to me that Tori and Garrett were ok.  They both had some bruises, but were ok.  Garrett actually smiled and gave a thumbs up when asked if he was alright.  Thank God!  I'm also thankful that I was not in the van... the impact made all the airbags deploy - that is, every one except the one in front of my seat.  I could have been killed.  I have no words....

So today was spent picking up the pieces and obtaining a rental vehicle until the insurance company can cut us a check for the old van so we can at least put some money toward a new(er) one.  Cleaning out the old van at the junkyard was tough..

I did get a good 1 mile walk in this morning since I had to walk the kids to school.  Thankfully the weather was nice and sunny and warm.  We walked through a park to get to their school and there was a robin in a tree just making the loudest call I've ever heard one make before.  I took some pics of him because he was cool and made me smile.

I also did some ITB strengthening exercises (good ol' StrengthRunning again) and side planks.  I got in all of my water and fruits and veggies today.

Robin pics, totaled van, and workout times.  As for my 1 mile walk, that took 17 minutes but I didn't screenshot it.

Points:
Drinking 64+ oz of water:  1
Eating 7+ servings of fruits and veg: 1
Doing the WOW:  0
Doing 32 minutes of exercise:  3

Total points for today:  5
Total points for week 7 of the SBBC:  5
Total points for the SBBC:  317.5

Oh, this was supposed to be a post about my training plan.  Sorry, between my personal drama and the whole Boston news events, my mind is so scattered.  I'm just praying praying praying for all.

Monday:  see above
Tuesday:  5 miles EASY
Wednesday:  45 minute tempo
Thursday:  3 miles EASY plus strength
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  5 miles at HM pace
Sunday:  11 miles Long Run

No comments:

Post a Comment