Monday, July 8, 2013

New Week. New Plan. New Car Smell.

Not making any promises on the new car smell.  I always thought those air fresheners reminded me of an old recliner that your grandad sat in while watching the Price is Right for 40 years as it got all cracked and smelly.

But anyway.

Today I started the new workout program by Shaun T called Focus T25.  It's 25 minutes per day, 5 days a week.  I figured since I'm laying off running so much that this would compliment my fitness perfectly.  This way, I'm not pressured to have to go to the gym every day if I don't get in my requisite amount of cardio.  Trust me, this workout will burn the calories.  Right now I'm thinking that I'll get in my runs before doing T25, but I want to see how this week goes first and then lay out a more concrete plan from there.



Alpha Cardio was today's session.  At first I was all like "psssh, this is nothing" and getting all cocky with it.  Well, by 11 minutes into it the sweat was just pouring off of me.  This workout is no joke.  My daughter was watching me do it and kept cheering me on.  Little does she know how much that helped.  The burnouts were killer!!  She kept counting me down those last few minute "only 2 minutes left Mom, you can do it!".

So, for the sake of accountability, here is a "before" photo:

It is barely noticeable, but please ignore the lovely crayon (NON washable) swirls my 3 year old decorated the wall with... I need to find a time to get that painted.

I'm pretty proud of the upper body definition I've gotten through my strength training program at the gym (thanks Russ!).  I'd like to see something accomplished on my abs, though, which is why I was so interested in T25 - there's a huge focus on the core.  I know I will never have a perfect tight tummy due to the pregnancies and the abdominal surgeries and let's not forget the fact that I was over 100 lbs heavier at one point... I have a ton of just loose flabby skin that won't go away without the assistance of a plastic surgeon.  I'm ok with that, I'd just at least like those upper abs to cut through a bit more and I know that there's some fat blocking the way.

I am not interested in losing weight.  In fact, I'm still very much riding the border of underweight and normal weight.  I weighed myself for the first time in probably six months this morning and was shocked to discover that -even after a holiday weekend- I weigh 10 pounds less than I thought I did.  I've gotta watch that.  My goal is to just "rearrange" things, so to speak, and tone up.

That being said, I am NOT following the T25 Nutrition plan to the letter, and I'm especially not doing the Fast Track.  1100-1600 calories?  Uh, no.  I haven't eaten that little in a long time and when I get close to even that upper part, my performance suffers in all my activities, I feel like total shit, and am the biggest bitch.  I'll stick with using MyFitnessPal to track my intake and adjust accordingly.  Although, I will be using recipes from the plan.  I'm making the fish tacos for dinner tonight - they look delicious.  I love fish tacos!

I'm not going to disclose my weight, but let's just say it is a 3 digit number and starts with a 1.  Good enough?  lol  My other stats that I'll be recording every STATurday from here on out are as follows:  

Arms:  9"
Chest:  32"  (nope, I don't have boobs.  They left the building after my youngest weaned.  I've come to take this as a blessing because its less that I have to cart around while running... lol)
Waist:  26.5"
Thighs: 18"
Body fat: 15%

We'll see what changes or doesn't over the next 10 weeks!

Now.  As for the rest of this week, here's my plan:

Tuesday: 4 mile easy run.  T25 Speed 1.0
Wednesday:  T25 Total Body Circuit
Thursday:  4 mile easy run.  T25 Ab Intervals.  Weights.
Friday:  T25 Lower Focus AND T25 Cardio
Saturday:  4 mile easy run OR rest day - TBD
Sunday:  5 mile easy run AND T25 Stretch

Luckily, I had already scheduled this week to be a running "cutback" week ages ago.  So, it fits right in with the start of T25 plus coming off of whatever crap went wrong with my leg (haven't had a problem with it at all lately).  I think from here, depending on how I feel with the addition of T25 of course, I'm going to do a very gradual build back up to where I was mileage and time wise.  I know that I had initially planned to be at the 35+ mpw on a regular basis point by now, but that's just not going to happen.  Maybe I can use the late fall/early winter to try that again before I start training for the hardcore event.

Have a great week, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment