Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 1 of T25 Finished!

I must say, the rest of my workout week went great!!

Thursday was a big day.  First off, I pushed play on Ab Intervals.  I was correct in my assumption that I would really like this workout.  If I'm being totally honest, I think part of it was because I enjoyed a little break due to this video being notably the easiest of the T25 workouts (aside from Stretch, of course, but I'll get to that later).  Don't hear me wrong here - it was still a challenge and I wholeheartedly admit that it would be much harder for anyone (like my husband) who hasn't done consistent core work like planking for quite some time.  There is a ton of planking and things done while in plank position.  I loved it and can't wait to do it again!

After I finished, I had a smoothie and headed to the gym where I ran an awesome 4.12 miles on the treadmill.  I'm not kidding, it was awesome.  Even on the mill.  No pains, no twinges, and no damned heart rate monitor.  I had a little bit of stiffness in the legs, but I do give Shaun T the credit for that.  When my run was over I did my entire weight circuit aside from the leg press again.  Maybe I'll give that a try again next week?  We'll see.  At any rate, I did nearly 2 hours of exercise and felt great.

Friday was my first T25 "Double Day".  It's optional to do 2 workouts in one day on Fridays and I'm accepting that challenge.  This week it was Lower Focus followed by Cardio, which I did at the beginning of the week.  Lower Focus really burned my legs up.  Wow.  Right toward the end during a lunge progression I pulled something funky in my upper hamstring/butt and it ached the rest of the day.  Thankfully when I woke up the next morning it was gone, but ow... I think I'm using muscle fibers I have not even thought of since Anatomy and Physiology lab at Pitt.  It was a great workout and I believe I will get a lot of benefit out of it in the long run (literally, I think it will help my running).  Now, doing Cardio immediately afterward - well, almost immediately after... I did have a swig of water and stretched my leg out a little more - was HARD.  Oh lawd.  Cardio on its own wasn't a bad workout, but when my legs are exhausted already?  Whew.  I don't think I brought as much "umph" to it as I did on Monday.  But, I made it through and that's awesome!

Saturday.  First of all - STATS!!
After this first week of Focus T25:
Weight:  -.7 lbs
Chest:  -1"
Waist:  -.25"
Arm:  +.25"
Thigh:  +.5"   huh?  did I measure wrong the first time?  more muscle?  smh
Body Fat:   +.9%  again, huh?  miscalculation or what?  We'll see, I guess.

I believe the weight I "lost" was just water weight due to... well, that time of the month.  Just being honest.  My belly is notably flatter, more than likely due to dietary changes.  I'm excited to keep track of this progress and see what happens from here!

Normally on Saturdays I go for a little run.  This Saturday was no exception.  However, I am making the announcement now that for the remainder of T25 it will now be my rest day.  Working out every single day this week with no rest day has tired this old girl out.  And I believe it is healthy to have a rest day or "active rest" day - especially since my days this summer revolve around parks and Kennywood and Sandcastle, etc.  It's not like I sit on my bum all day.  Ever.  Anyway, I ran 4.24 miles on Saturday and it was meh... The first half was actually not bad at all, but then I just unraveled and fell apart.  I had trouble keeping my heart rate under control and my legs felt like they weighed 50 lbs a piece.  Bleh.  And also... this whole heart rate thing is starting to wear on me.  Some days I feel really great despite the heat or elevation or whatever, and I just want to run how it feels good to me at that time and place.  With the HRM constantly telling me to back off, my paces are in the toilet by the end of the run and not to sound too dramatic about it, but it is kind of demoralizing.  I mean, there's slow and then there's wtf are you doing slow.  Lately I've felt like I've been made to keep a wtf are you doing pace and I don't like it.  So, my plan for Sunday was to go without the monitor.  I had 5 miles on the plan, but I just wanted to run 1 hour how I wanted to, how *I* felt "easy" and "good" in whatever condition came that morning.

This morning I put that plan in play.  It was awesome.  My legs were definitely tired from all the workouts this week and my left ankle "thing" was wonky in the beginning but disappeared after I warmed up and never returned, so that was good.  I ended up running 6.68 miles in that 1 hour and 12 seconds.  Yes, it was hot, sunny, humid, etc, but I felt fantastic.  I wasn't going all out but I wasn't slogging about either.  In my mind, this run was pretty much perfect.  So, that being said, I'm pretty certain I'm going to forget the HRM this coming week and see what happens.  Yeah, you can say I "failed" at heart rate training, but I was never heart rate training in the first place, so there!

When I got home from my run I did the T25 Stretch workout.  This was great and unexpected!!  It was everything I needed out of a good stretch after a run.  In fact, this video was so good that I will more than likely be using it more than once per week.  Amazing.

So, in total this week I ran 19.45 miles.  Not too bad considering.  I'm happy with it, especially since most of them were good miles.  I also got my weight work in, as well as did the entirety of the first week of Focus T25 on schedule!  Woohoo!

My eating habits haven't been this good in a long time.  So far I think my favorite recipes out of the "Get It Done" Nutrition guide are the fish tacos and the Chicken Spinach salad.  Yum!  I'm feeling better even with less caffeine, I'll tell you that.  Now if I could get the kids on track... I swear they could eat sandwiches all day every day and be happy.  Whatever.  lol

Tomorrow starts a new week of T25 and a new plan for me with regards to rest days and running.  I'll post more about that tomorrow - probably after my round of Alpha Cardio!

No comments:

Post a Comment