Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week 2 of Focus T25 Complete!

Here we are at the end of another week already!  Wow!

Since Wednesday when I last updated on my workouts, here is what I've accomplished:

Thursday I decided to go ahead and run outside instead of going for the treadmill.  I had a great 4 miler at an 8:44 average pace.  I must say that it was great to be able to run 3 days in a row for the first time in what seems like ages at my pace with NO issues.  After my run, I came home and got right to Alpha Cardio.  This workout is getting easier.  I sweat buckets during it but feel really good. When I was done with  T25 and had a nice stretch, I went to the gym to lift.  I did my entire weights routine - including the calf extension and leg press machines - and felt GREAT.  I am definitely getting stronger again and I love it!

Friday called for Lower Focus followed by Ab Intervals.  This actually felt like an easy day.  Lower Focus is a lot of work, but Ab Intervals just feels good to me.  Yes, I'm still getting a lot out of it, so don't hear me say I'm just blowing through it, but the hardest part of it for me is that last few minutes.  I do have to say that Lower Focus was much better this week done on a day when I did not run first.  We'll see what happens next week when it is scheduled for a run day again.

Saturday was my first total rest day in 15 - yes fifteen! - days.  I don't ever want to go that long without resting again.  I totally needed a lazy day.  And for the record, I wasn't really lazy.  We headed up to Erie/Presque Isle for the day.  My huge victory for the day was taking my prepped food with me so I stayed on plan.  The only thing I stopped to buy was a Peach Chobani cup on the way home.  Go me!

Today, Sunday I went on my 1 hour and 10 minute planned run.  It went pretty well.  I did struggle a bit at the beginning.  I was very tired when the alarm went off and my legs were a little on the heavy side.  It took about 3 miles to finally feel in the groove, but overall, I can't complain too much about the run.  I ended up completing 7.7 miles, so that was awesome!  When I got home, I did the T25 Stretch workout again, which is now my new favorite post run thing.  It truly feels great.

I feel pretty good about how things went this week.  I believe it was smart and beneficial to schedule Saturday as my off day.  I'll pick it back up as another run day after Focus T25 is over, most likely, but for now I don't want to overtrain and I don't think I'm losing any fitness by running 4 days per week versus 5.  I also ran how I felt like I needed and wanted to run which was a huge mental boost for me.

Something I am realizing is that my Lunarglide +4 purple babies are starting to show a decline.  I don't think it is only because they were the ones that got totally trashed during that super stormy run I went on last week, I just think they aren't made to the standards of my Brooks shoes.  They have just over 150 miles on them, which seems (to me) to be the halfway point before heading "over the hill" in shoe years, but they feel like my Adrenalines with 400 miles on them do.  Oh well.

This week I ran 21.93 miles (back over 20 - yay!!) and got in my day of weights at the gym.  I also did the entirety of week 2 of Focus T25 as scheduled.  And I feel fantastic.  No injuries no pains no worries.  Pardon the phrase, but I kicked ass this week!




1 comment: