Monday, July 22, 2013

Workout Schedule for the week of 7/22-7/28/2013

Week 3 of T25 is already here!  Bring it on Shaun T!

My plans don't really vary much from last week.  You know I like to stick with what works until... well, it doesn't work anymore.  I do want to try to run a little longer, though so I'll be adding on some time in places.

Monday:  Total Body Circuit - done!  Three weeks in and I still don't enjoy this workout.  It's not that it is too hard (although I still need to modify a couple of oblique pushups at the end), it's just that it seems so thrown together.  The base premise of T25 is that you go hard for 25 minutes with no breaks and sometimes to reach that "goal" there seems to be a lot of flopping around from thing to thing to thing without too much care for proper technique in getting there.  I understand that there is the idea that "if you're always moving you're still burning calories" but at the same time I don't want to get injured and have to forgo running and my fall races due to a quick succession from a burpee to a 180 squat to sprints to mountain climbers and pikeups, you know?  So sometimes I take a second and miss the first rep of a move to make sure my form is ok.  Or I go a little slower.  That's ok with me.  I think.

Ok.. that turned into a little "mini review" of Total Body Circuit... lol!  Moving on:

Tuesday:  35 minute easy run, T25 Speed 1.0
Wednesday:  55 minute easy run, T25 Lower Focus <-- I'm expecting this to be hard after probably 6 miles.  We'll see!
Thursday:  45 minute easy run, T25 Cardio, Weights
Friday:  T25 Total Body Circuit, T25 Ab Intervals
Saturday:  REST
Sunday:  1 hour 15 minute long run, T25 Stretch

Refueling with coffee in my favorite mug.  Don't you love how old and worn it is?  Me too... Just like a nice comfy warm fall sweater.  Happy Days.  Want to hear something funny?  I don't even eat the donuts.  Once in a while I'll have a bite or a half of someones and reaffirm that they went down sometime in the 90s.  Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment