Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yummy

What I'm drinking for breakfast/recovery this morning:

Cue the terribad photography.  It is more delicious than it looks, I promise.

My Super Purple Smoothie!

1 cup water
1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt (I used plain Chobani 0%)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup blackberries  
1 scoop shake powder - you can use whey, soy, whatever - in this case I used GNC Total Lean Vanilla Bean
1/2 cup ice - or however much you like
You can also add 1 T of chia seeds - which I usually do, but in this case I forgot.  oops!

Put in blender.  Blend.

Enjoy.  You can also use frozen berries, however I had fresh this time and needed to use them.

According to MyFitnessPal, my version here (without the chia seeds) comes out to:

247 calories
42g carbs
1g fat
18g protein
10g fiber

Not too bad, if you ask me.  It's one of my faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment