Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Already?

Wow, the final days of summer vacation are just flying by!  This weather shift lately has really thrown things for a spin... it's felt like Autumn already most mornings.  Just the other day when I headed out for my run it was 50 - yes, five zero - degrees!  I wore capris instead of shorts!  I think the local stores are going gung ho with it as well because yesterday there was a whole display of pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin tart, pumpkin you name it and even the beer cooler was filled with pumpkin and other Harvestfest-type selections!  Now, don't hear me wrong, fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I love everything about it, but it is still WAY early for that for me!  Give me a couple more weeks of sunshine and warm enough air to enjoy a whole day at Sandcastle, please!

Actually, my prediction for this is that after a period of these fall-like conditions, we're going to have a wicked heat wave.  And unfortunately by then, Sandcastle will be closed.  haha.  What luck!

Since I posted a review on Tuesday of my experiences with Focus T25 Alpha phase, I never posted a recipe or pics of the yumminess going on around here.  So, better late than never, here you go!

Scrambled egg whites with fresh tomato and basil and a little bit of parmesan cheese. 

Mixed greens with fresh tomato and a drizzle of Italian dressing. 

4 oz grilled sirloin steak with steamed broccoli and a baked sweet potato.

Grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and a baked sweet potato.  I usually buy a big bag of sweet potatoes and bake them all at once so we have them for a couple of days.  Sweet potatoes are actually quite nutritious if you don't "candy" them with a heap of brown sugar and molasses and syrups and all that.  They're delicious all on their own with just a sprinkle of cinnamon! 

One of my favorite snacks - sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. 

Grilled salmon rubbed with a touch of honey mustard (about 1 teaspoon), roasted asparagus, and couscous.

Burger made with lean ground beef (4 oz), and served with honeydew and blackberries.

Tomorrow is my total rest day, but I'm happy to report that I made it through my first week of Beta phase of Focus T25!  Tomorrow is also STATurday and I'll give my initial impressions in that post.  It's mostly good, I'll tell you that.  ;)

TGIF!  Have a great start to your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment