Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Forgot!

When I posted my schedule for the week yesterday, I neglected one thing.

I have a race on Friday!!

How in the world did I forget a race??  LOL   Can I just claim a blonde moment?

Anyway, this Friday is the GNC Live Well Liberty Mile.  I am running this with my daughter Victoria and son Vincent.  Garrett is still too young, so he and Nick will be waiting for us at the finish.

I was originally excited about doing this race for myself, but both kids expressed an interest in running with me and I jumped at that opportunity and signed us all right up.  A goal I have is to instill a love of fitness and fun into my children so any time they want to join in on something like this I'll let them!  I can always do a mile time trial for myself anytime anywhere, really.

We're all pretty excited about it.  We're all wearing grey shirts (haha) and the plan is to stick together, although Vince keeps threatening to run for the finish himself.  It'll be a fun time.

Since I kind of got into a habit of posting random meals I've been eating, here are a few from the past week:

Cottage cheese with a chopped apple, about 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp! for crunch, sprinkled with cinnamon.  Nice hearty breakfast!

Spinach salad with sliced mushrooms, yellow peppers, and grape tomatoes with 1 tablespoon light ranch dressing.  This was a side dish to a roast beef half pita (4 oz roast beef in 1/2 a whole grain pita with 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard).

Chicken Wrap.  This is also lunch today - yay!  So delicious - low carb tortilla with 1 4 oz organic chicken breast, grilled and sliced and wrapped up with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 cup romaine, 1/2 a sliced tomato, and 1/4 sliced yellow pepper.  Nom nom.

Veggies with a little ranch for dipping.  This plate was actually a lot fuller, but this is what it was down to when I thought - huh, this is so good I should capture it.  lol  Note the bottled water in the back.  I've been making sure to drink a ton of water too!

Here's to hoping I don't forget anything important today!  haha!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun race! I LOVE that you are doing it with your kids! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete