Monday, August 26, 2013

Workout Schedule for the Week of 8/26-9/1/2013

And... they're off!

You can see just how thrilled Garrett was this morning.  Poor baby.  The good news is that when he got to his school, met his teacher, and saw his cubby all made up for him he was perfectly fine.

I got up early to get my workout in before getting the kids up for school.  That seemed to work well, but we'll see what the coming days and weeks have in store.  On days where I have 2+ workouts, I may have to do 1 before they go to school and 1 later on.  Again, we'll see.

This morning was Core Cardio.  I felt pretty good, although I did take it easy on the twisting lunges and the speed kicks just in case.  I burned almost the same amount of calories as before (228 today), so I was happy with that.  I still feel stupid doing burpees, but I doubt that will ever go away.... it's just a silly feeling exercise.

Here's my plan of action for the rest of this week!

Monday:  Core Cardio
Tuesday:  4.5 mile easy run, Upper Focus
Wednesday:  9x400s.  I'm not going to go out of my mind about it, I'm just going to get it done.  After that, Speed 2.0.
Thursday:  4 mile easy run, Rip'T Circuit, Gym Weights
Friday:  Dynamic Core, Core Speed.  Core Speed is an exclusive DVD that you only get if you order direct from a Beachbody coach.  It's (supposedly) a more advanced workout and you can use it in place of Speed 2.0 in the Beta schedule as desired.  From the start, my plan was to do the first half of Beta using Speed 2.0 and the second half using Core Speed.  So, that's what's up!  I mean, unless Core Speed really sucks and then I'll ditch it because I really really like Speed 2.0.  ;)
Saturday:  Gatorade Steelers 5K!!  I have been looking forward to this race all year!  I've got yellow and black gear down to the socks and headband that says GO STEELERS.  I've never really "dressed up" for a race before, but come on... it's Steelers kickoff event for goodness sake!  lol  The race pretty much runs a route that I run around a lot (I live less than .75 miles from Heinz Field), and finishes inside the stadium.  I just want to have fun, but I definitely want to PR too.  My last 5K almost a year ago was 26:05, and I've beaten that many times during training runs and other races, so hopefully I'll do pretty well.  The kids are doing the 40 yard dash across the field too!
Sunday:  Since I'm planning on running hard on Saturday, I don't want to chance going too long the day after and getting injured since my body seems to be going through a prissypants phase (I refuse to say "getting old").  So, I'm just planning on a stretcher 30 minute easy run followed by T25 Stretch.

Good times lie ahead - I can feel it!  Have a happy, safe, and wonderful year of growth all you students and teachers out here!  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the 5K on Saturday! I love finishing on the field.

    ReplyDelete