Monday, August 5, 2013

Workout Schedule for the week of 8/5-811/2013

We had a great day yesterday celebrating Vincent's birthday!

Star Wars, Fire trucks, and Legos.  Throw in some brotherly love and pizza and it was a good time.

I had a slice each of Hawaiian Pizza and Veggie Lovers.  I also had a small piece of that cake and I swear 2 spoonfuls of ice cream.  By the time we were all finished and I was cleaning up the table I felt sick!  Holy sugar bomb I'm not used to anymore!  Eek!  I had planned (as Nick and I always do) on having seconds on the cake and ice cream after the kids are in bed to celebrate another year of keeping them alive and partially sane, but I just wasn't having it!  I couldn't touch it.  I felt like I hadn't eaten anything all day while at the same time feeling bloated and crabby.  There's something to be said about good food in general and the fact that our "old good foods" (such as grocery store buttercream cake) aren't as good as we think they are.  So, for my evening snack I had a bowl of plain greek yogurt with blackberries and cinnamon.  I felt much better!

But, I'm back on track this morning!  I finished Total Body Circuit a little while ago.  Again, no modifying but a slowed pace to keep good form.  I have to keep telling myself I only have 2 more times of this workout to go and I can put it back in the sleeve forever if I so choose.  Yes, I realize how over dramatic that sounds but I truly am just doing this workout because I *have to* and not because I want to at this point.  I just want to be true to the challenge.

This week begins my official start to training for my fall races.  I'm loosely following Hal Higdon's Intermediate 10K plan until the Great Race and then doing the last couple of weeks of the Half Marathon program until Buffalo Creek.  My runs will be a little longer than Hal's plan states just due to the fact that I'm incorporating this into a half marathon program, ultimately.  Also, I'm still doing T25 and only running 4 days per week until Beta phase is over (coincidentally, about a week before the Great Race, so I have a few weeks of dedicated running training).  Like I said, "loosely following".  Really, it's my own hodgepodge plan, I guess.  I'm a little apprehensive about starting speedwork again, but like anything else... we'll see how it goes.

As far as goals for the races go, I'd love to go sub-50 minutes at the Great Race.  My current 10K PR (which was actually during the Pittsburgh Half Marathon) is 51:44.  I know this sounds crazy, but I'm not really hung up on PRing at Buffalo Creek.  Everyone talks about how fast it is and how "everyone" gets a PR there, but I'm not really worried about it.  I'm really doing this particular race for 2 reasons:  1) Fall foliage.  I love running through pretty trees.  2) I love all things buffalo.  I love to eat it, I love to look at it, I love the history, love the lore, love to pet them, and I think they are just dang cool.  I'm really hoping the shirt and the medal have a buffalo on them this year.  That would rock my world.

Told you I was nuts.

Here are my plans for the week:

Monday:  Total Body Circuit - DONE!
Tuesday:  5 mile easy run, T25 Ab Intervals
Wednesday:  35 minute tempo run, T25 Total Body Circuit
Thursday:  5 mile easy run, T25 Cardio, Weights
Friday:  T25 Total Body Circuit, T25 Lower Focus
Saturday:  REST!
Sunday:  8 mile long run, T25 Stretch

I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nichole,

    I was very excited to find your blog and read about your experience with T25 and running. I am starting the workouts today and would like to ask you some questions. Do you have an email I can reach you? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure - you can email me at darknessalive@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete