Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday "Rest"... oh how I've missed you!

I've really missed my Friday rest days.  Of course, as a wife and a mom and a generally busy person there's always something to be done but 1) I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn or earlier to get a workout in and 2) since it is a weekday and the kids are in school I have some extra time to myself here to get things organized and accomplished in a more relaxed fashion.

Confession:  For the first time in a long time (pre-T25, in fact), I overindulged last night.  I love Blue Moon... that's all I'm saying.  Back on the wagon today!

Right now I have a southwestern style chicken soup burbling in the Crockpot and the whole house smells awesome.  The kind of awesome where it is almost torturous to be in the house because I just want to keep going to the kitchen where said yummy food is.  lol

Speaking of good eats, I've been making some great salads lately beyond the typical leafy green kinds.

This is a quinoa and corn salad that I got from the book Power Foods that I recently borrowed from the library.  I highly recommend the book in general.  Some of the recipes were a bit too froufrou for me, but there were more than enough "my style" ones to keep me interested.  

This is the recipe Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad from skinnytaste.com.  I made this perfectly as written - didn't make a single addition or omission.  I served it over 1/2 cup brown rice for a complete meal.  It was divine.


Things have been going pretty well this week.  I'll of course, update you on my workouts at the end of the week.  I do have to say that I'm hitting my breaking point with Focus T25.  I'm just not enjoying the workouts anymore and they're getting old and stale.  I'm already looking for something else to do.  You might just see me whip out an old Tae Bo workout or even a Leslie Sansone next week.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment