Sunday, September 29, 2013

What a Week!

Just a quick review... My emotions are racing and I'm just happy and spent and honestly... I really want a beer and some time to process. haha To spoil it:

That really happened this morning.  Really.  I think I'll pinch myself again just to make sure.

Tuesday:  Now this was a little bit of a chilly run!  It was between 39-41 degrees during this morning trot.  Made for a quick and easy 3 miles, though (despite terrible traffic - I got caught up at most every intersection)!  Then I came home and did Rip'T Circuit.  It was a good workout.

Wednesday:  Last speedwork day before the big race.  It was shorter, though - 5 sets of 400s.  I totally rocked these out.  Could have done without almost sliding in gravel, but hey... take the good with the bad, right?  After I cooled out a bit and got the kids off to school I did Dynamic Core.  It was ok.  I'm not sure I'll do it again for a while though.... Other than the pyramid stuff at the end, I don't mind it, but I'm tired of it if that makes sense.

Thursday:  Another easy 3-ish miles.  I followed this up with my old friend Speed 1.0.  The burpees in this workout are much more manageable because they are slower paced (and they're followed by kicks so I can pretend to kick the monitor in the face if I'm mad... lol).  After Speed, I went to the gym and only worked on the upper body and core.  I wanted to save my legs from here out.

Friday:  REST DAY!  But, if you read my previous post you know I walked all over the Expo, walked the Strip District, and then walked all over for the Duckie.  So let's call it "active rest".  lol

Saturday:  Real rest day.  It was Garrett's 4th birthday so we had cake and ice cream and pizza, and I think I may have overdid it a bit.  I just focused on chugging water all night to flush my system because I didn't want to be bogged down.  Other than the party, we went to the playground with the kids (at G man's request), played around until the sun went down, and I just chilled.  Well, tried to at least.

Sunday:  Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh 10K.  I will recap this later, but it was a good race, tough in some spots, but I achieved my goal (sub-50), hit my PR (sub 51:44), and even surpassed my "If I really had it my way" goal in the back of my head (sub-45).  

This week I only ran 17.78 miles, but they were all for a purpose and they were mostly great miles.  I did some more T25 workouts and hit the gym for upper body work.  I had a really good race, too, which was the point in all of this work.  I'm a happy lady right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment