Monday, September 30, 2013

Workout Schedule for the Week of 9/30-10/6/2013

Heading into October already!  Yikes!  And hooray!  It's my favorite month of the year including my favorite holiday!  :)

Here's my plan for the week:

Monday:  Upper Focus and Stretch.  I did UF early this morning.  It felt pretty good.  I'm feeling ok post-10K.  My quads are a little stiff, but other than that... same old me!  I want to get Stretch in by the end of the night.  I have a volunteer meeting to get to tonight, but hopefully I'll have time before bed to Focus on it.  ;)
Tuesday:  5 mile easy run.
Wednesday:  45 minute tempo run, Core Cardio
Thursday:  3 mile easy run, Lower Focus, Upper body weights at the gym
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  5 miles @ HM pace
Sunday:  11 mile long run.

It's time to get focused on the fact that I have two more races to run this year - both within the next 5 weeks.  I know I've said this before, but the Great Race was really my big "goal" race.  I'm not entirely worried about this next half marathon or the 10 miler.  I know I can complete them.  The 10 miler will be one of those instant PRs no matter what because I've never done one before.  The half I'm still in "meh, ok" mode on.  I just want to enjoy some fall decor ala mother nature.  :)

So, my plan is to do the last couple of weeks of the half plan I've already done before.  After that race I'll probably just run some easy miles until the 10 miler since there's only 2 weeks in between.

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment: