Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's October! Happy Happy!

I just want to jump in a pile of leaves and throw them all around like confetti.  I love October.

I could do a big dramatic September recap, but I really don't feel like it or see the need.  Bottom line:  it was a good month.  I finished up T25, had great results, and am able to cherry pick it now for the good stuff.  I ran a "Great Race" (hehe, pun intended), and met every goal I worked for.  I came in just under 100 miles for the month - 98.5!  Crap!  Makes me wish I would have went out for a 2 mile shakeout the day before the race or yesterday as recovery.  But oh well... it all averages out in the end.

Now the focus is on endurance as opposed to speed - a half marathon and a 10 mile race all in less than 5 weeks.  I can do it!  I will do it!

Speaking of I will do it and the whole "focus on endurance" thing---

I'm officially going to run my first marathon.  26.2.  The big event.  I actually signed up the other day due to a promotion, but today is the official signup day for the general public so I was waiting to say something until then.  May 4th, 2014.  30 weeks and 5 days from today.

This could quite possibly be the most ridiculous and stupid thing I've ever done.  Or it could be really awesome.  Or all of the above.

I'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment