Tuesday, October 22, 2013

This Week's Plan

In a normal person's world, this would be a recovery week post half marathon.  I am not a normal person.  This is not a normal week.  I think you could have figured that out, though, if you've been reading my page vomit for very long.

Like the true nutter I am, I'm running another race on November 3rd.  Granted, it's only ten miles (I still laugh that I think of 10 miles as "only" now), and it isn't a goal race.  AND it's one of those automatic PRs because I've never done a 10 mile race before.  That still doesn't mean I don't have my eye on a time, though.  ;)

I'm still planning on taking it easy this week, given the fact that I did just run a half marathon.  I'm not going to be doing a whole lot of extras outside of running, and I'm going to let my body dictate my pace on my runs this week.  If I gotta slog at bit, I'm going to.

I said this on DailyMile and I may as well say it here - this is the best I've felt post any race I've ever done.  Sunday we took the kids to the pumpkin patch and walked all over Hozac Farms.  I was a little stiff and tired, but nothing bad.  That night we walked from our house down to the Point to say goodbye to the Duckie and then walked back home.  All said I probably walked between 4-5 miles that day.  By the end of the night I was feeling it a bit, but no major issues.

Pumpkins!

Monday I did 20 minutes of upper body focused yoga.  I figured that was good enough.

Today I ran a little over 4 miles.  The run started off well, but some time in mile 2 my legs cramped up almost in protest, but I was able to run through it.  The stiffness subsided for the most part, but the rest of the run my legs (and hips) felt heavy and tired.  I came home and stretched.

This afternoon I had to go take a BCLS refresher at AGH and I walked over there and back.  The walk felt good!

Here's the plan (which is not set in stone because I'm going by feel on this) for the rest of the week:

Wednesday:  6 mile easy run.
Thursday:  4 mile easy run, strength training at the gym
Friday:  REST
Saturday:  10 mile long run
Sunday: REST/Yoga

Oh, and btw, I miss the Duck already.  :(

Farewell friend!  Hope to see you again someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment