Monday, October 7, 2013

Workout Schedule for the Week of 10/7-10/13/2013

Not this Saturday but next is another half marathon!  Which means... this is the last big week of training before just taking it easy for a few days before the race.  I'm feeling really great and I'm not really nervous or overly concerned about the race at all.  Hopefully this stays true because I'm enjoying being calm about it.

This morning I did Rip'T Circuit.  Admittedly, I kind of half assed it... especially on the one armed burpees and the tuck jumps.  This was really reflected in my calorie burn, but that's ok.  I did give my all on the weights and abs portions.  One of the things that I think is keeping me calm about my next race(s) is that I'm focusing on being kind to myself and taking it easy.  If I don't feel like jumping around doing plank jumps into one armed burpees, I won't!  I'll compensate with rocking the v-holds and the arnold presses, though.

After Rip'T, I threw in Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and did workout 1.  Now, of course Jillian yoga isn't "real" yoga... Not in that breathy, zen, meditative way.  It's more of a flowing sports stretch mixed with lower body and core exercise.  Which is cool with me and just what I needed today.  :)

Here's the plan for the rest of the week:

Tuesday:  5 mile easy run, maybe 30 Day Shred since I'm feelin' Jillian again
Wednesday:  10x400s.  This is it.  Last chance workout.  lol.  Maybe more yoga after this?
Thursday:  3 mile easy run, Alpha Cardio, Gym Weights
Friday:  REST.
Saturday:  3 miles @ HM Pace
Sunday:  12 mile long run, T25 Stretch

Another goal for the week - more/better sleep.  Well, that's of course if these critters would let me have some space in my own bed:

Calloway and Sweetie.  :)  Calloway is bummed I'm not in bed too, I think.  Although his fascination (10 years now) while I'm trying to sleep is to lay on my head.  Or my neck.  Or at least knead my head and neck.  And purr really really loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment