Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Well Hello 2014!

I know I just posted yesterday and I've been very lax about posting lately because... well you know.. injury and all, but I just had to post on the very first day of the new year!

So, like a lot of other people, I may have overindulged a little last night, but I am actually proud of my self control in that I didn't get too out of hand... By that I mean I didn't end up puking or passing out.  I paced myself well through the night (I reminded myself it was a marathon, not a 400 repeat.. lol), and ounce for ounce I drank more plain water than alcohol.  GO ME!  ;-)

I definitely ate more than my usual servings of cheese, crackers, chips, etc though.  But hey, why be down on myself about it today, right?  I got to sleep in a bit this morning, got up, got some real food in my belly in the form of banana and peanut butter on toast and got my day moving.

I got in a great chest and triceps workout.  The kids were even participating with resistance bands and the little one pound dumbbells that were my starters years ago!

We've got the traditional pork and kraut going in the crockpot and it smells delicious!  I'll be chomping on some of that shortly.

The kids go back to school tomorrow and while for days I've been longing for this, now I'm kind of bummed about it.  I'm going to miss hanging out with Vincent and playing WoW, watching competitive eating and makeup tutorial videos on YouTube with Victoria, and snuggling with Garrett at all hours of the day and night while watching Despicable Me 1 & 2 over and over and over....

On the bright side, tomorrow is my birthday!  This is one of those milestone birthdays too and I can't wait!  Nick is out with 2/3 of the kids right now supposedly shopping and planning for the day.  lol  I've requested Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese icing and Chocolate Marshmallow ice cream, so hopefully they won't have trouble finding those.

I do not make New years resolutions.  I just don't.  I believe in goal setting in general and not just on January 1st.  I think lofty resolutions and generic resolutions just set most people up for disappointment and failure.  I like setting goals here and there throughout the year, small and big.  So far for 2014 I want to get over this injury, start running again, and be able to complete a marathon in the Fall.  We'll see where the year takes me.

So far my first day without crutches has been great! Hooray for 2014!

I haven't done this in a while, but here's my plan for the rest of the week in fitness:
Thursday: I'm going to give leg day another go.  Light and easy again. Doing something is better than nothing at all in this category.
Friday:  Shoulders & Abs
Saturday: Rest
Sunday:  Rest or a short core session.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year (and birthday)!

    That's so great that you get to lose the crutches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ditched those crutches in the nick of time too... they well overstayed their welcome with me. I have so much respect now for those people that have done entire races on them.

      Delete