Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Last Week's Workouts and PT! (A Day Late and More than a Dollar Short)

I'm still here!  Still workin'!

Last week was a pretty intense week - I got in some great quality weight training workouts as well as ran more.  It had its ups and downs as all life tends to, but I can proudly say that it was mostly good!

Monday: Arms and Abs!
Pushups - 4 sets of 15
Seated 1 dumbbell triceps press - 4 sets of 8 - 12.5#, 12.5, 15, 15
Supersets:  3 rounds of: Triceps Pushdown w/ Rope - 3 sets of 8 - 20#
                 Reverse Grip Triceps Cable Pushdown - 3 sets of 8 - 15#, 20, 20
Supersets: 3 rounds of:  Skullcrushers - 3 sets of 8 - 15#
                Incline dumbbell bench press w/palms facing in - 3 sets of 8 - 20#, 25, 25
Incline db curl - 4 sets of 8 - 20#
Dumbbell alternating biceps curl - 4 sets of 8 - 20#
Barbell Curl 21s - 2 sets - 20#
Stability ball crunches - 3 sets of 25
Butt Ups - 3 sets of 15
Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 15

After the ab work, I hopped on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  It was just a nice 1.92 mile trudge.
I also had PT on Monday where I got to RUN again!  He upped my intervals to 4:1 and it went pretty well.  My left hammy was a little tight during the last interval so he gave me a good stretch afterwards and I felt fine.

Tuesday:  Leg Day!
Bodybar squat - 4 sets of 15 - 12#, 12, 18, 18
Narrow Leg press - 4 sets of 8 - 50#
Bodybar step ups - 4 sets of 8 - 18#, 18, 18, 24
Dumbbell lunges - 3 sets of 20 - 20#, 25, 25
1 legged bodybar squats - 4 sets of 8 - 15# (these were freaking challenging, particularly on the injury side)
Calf raise machine - 2 sets of 20, 1 set to failure - 30#, 30, 35
DB calf raises - 2 sets of 20, 1 set to failure - 25#, 30, 35
Leg extensions - 2 sets of 10, 1 set to failure - 25#, 30, 35

Wednesday:  Chest and Abs
Chest Press machine - 1 warmup set of 8 - 30#
Triceps press machine - 4 sets of 8 - 55#, 55, 60, 60
Supersets: 4 rounds of:  Dumbbell flyes - 4 sets of 8 - 20#
               Dumbbell bench press - 4 sets of 8 - 20#
Supersets:  4 rounds of:   Incline db press - 4 sets of 8 - 25#
                Bench Dips - 4 sets of 8
Fly machine - 4 sets of 8 - 30#, 30, 35, 35
Crunches - 3 sets of 25
Knee raise on bars - 3 sets of 15
Reverse Crunches - 3 sets of 15

This workout was followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I didn't want to overdo anything, but I wanted to test myself, so I just tried a week 2 c25k routine (5 minute walk, 90:60 sec run:walk intervals for 20 minutes, 5 minute walk).  It went great - it honestly felt way too easy, but I was happy it did!  That was the point!  2.11 miles walked/ran.

Thursday:  Shoulders
Arnold Presses - 4 sets of 8 - 20#, 25, 25, 25
Seated bent over delt raises - 3 sets of 8, 1 set to failure - 15#, 20, 20, 25
Standing 1 arm db press - 4 sets of 8 - 12.5, 12.5, 15, 15
Supersets:  4 rounds of:  Front dumbbell raises - 4 sets of 8 - 15#
               Standing DB upright row - 4 sets of 8 - 25#
Side lateral raises - 3 sets of 8, 1 set drop - 15#, 15, 15, 15-5
Reverse Flyes - 4 sets of 8 - 15#

After I burned up my shoulders I rode the bike for 30 minutes.
I had PT Thursday afternoon.  I was told to do 4 rounds of the 4:1 intervals if I felt like I could and I did!  I felt great the whole time!  This was the first time that I felt like I could keep going and going.  So, my therapist told me to try running over the weekend at either 5:1 or 6:1 if I could handle it and do what I felt realistically capable of doing.  Exciting stuff!

Friday:  REST!  I love Friday rest days!!

Saturday:  Back!
Dumbbell deadlifts - 4 sets of 8 - 20#
Reverse grip bent over rows - 4 sets of 8 - 20#
Lat Pulldowns with bands - 4 sets of 8
Seated cable rows using resistance band - 4 sets of 8
Dumbbell pullover - 4 sets of 8 - 10#
Back flyes with bands - 4 sets of 8
Seated bent over rear delt raise - 4 sets of 8 - 20#

When I workout on Saturdays, it is at home due to childcare.  I'm lucky to have a mini home gym, but I don't have many of the heavier weights.  So my home workouts are a bit lighter.  That's ok with me - something is better than nothing in my book!

After the weights, my daughter and I took a walk around the neighborhood.  We went 2 miles in a little over half and hour.  It was nice.  :)

Sunday:  OMG I RAN AGAIN!  hahaha (this will not lose it's novelty for a while - beware)
I figured instead of going nuts, I'd just stick with a 5:1 and see what I could do.  I was really hoping to go for 40 minutes since my longest cardio thus far has been 30.  Well, I made it on the 5:1 intervals for 36 minutes before I just felt spent.  My "bad" leg was also starting to tighten up a little.  I wasn't in any pain, mind you, but I just wasn't feeling it.  And to be honest, I wasn't feeling the run from the get go.  It was just one of "those" runs... I've had them uninjured as well.  The groove wasn't there, my mood sucked, couldn't find a comfortable stride to save my life, and on and on... So, after 36 minutes I cut down to just a walk.  I usually always do some type of cooldown walk, even when I run outside.  After around 10 minutes of walking, I felt good again and, noting the time and distance on the treadmill, I just had to get moving again.  I only ran another 3 or 4 minutes (and at a slower pace), but I was able to hit the 4 mile point in a little over 50 minutes.  I felt pretty good, although tired.  Homework complete!

It was a good week.  This week is already going pretty well too.  I'm finally starting to feel like I'm close to my "old self"!  I'm staying slow and steady and, while sometimes frustrating, it is seeming to pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment