Monday, July 21, 2014

MCM Training Week 4

This has been another busy week here!  I think that's what's making it feel like time is flying for me.  I barely have time to sit and breathe and think.  A good and bad thing, I guess.

First off - my middle kid came home from camp!!

This was the best group pic we were able to get... Kids. lol

He had a great time, which I was happy to hear.  However, I'm a little taken aback by the wonderful language and anatomy lessons he learned.  From my understanding he was hanging out with the older kids a lot because the other boys his age were "crying like babies".  So instead Vincent really enjoyed his time in "Arts and f*&*ing crafts".  *gasp*  Oh my.

No sooner did he come back but we had a couple of days to enjoy time as a family before Victoria left on Saturday.

She really really likes Monster High.

So, now I have another to miss.  Strangely enough, I'm not as torn up with Victoria as I was with Vince.  I think it is because I felt like I had a better rapport with the camp director going into it and she's a strong girl.  That said, I wonder what new life lessons she'll come back with that will shock me.  lol

My training went great again this week.  Nearly 7.5 hours of exercise.  I now have 4 weeks finished.  Less than 100 days to go now.  It's starting to get very real now.  Hitting my goal paces during workouts has been surprisingly easy (knock on wood) and I'm recovering really quickly.  I blame strength training over the past months as well as a better focus on nutrition.  Most days.  I won't tell you about the huge chunk of carrot cake I ate last night.  And then ice cream before bed.  Hey, I'm not perfect and I have a healthy sweet tooth.

I did my first double digit run of this training cycle - the first one since the Pittsburgh Half, actually - yesterday.  I ran 11.11 (I swear I didn't plan it that way at all) miles.  I felt like I controlled my pace fairly well and I felt really good aside from a little "blah" spell around the 7 mile point.  I used Clif Shot Bloks as my fuel after 5 miles and I really don't think they work for me.  I didn't get any rush or boost from them and the biggest thing that annoys me is how freaking HUGE and hard they are (that's what she said? lol).  It takes me forever and a good amount of choking fears to get them down, too.  I'll use up the last pack and a half I have and just stick to gels and the jelly beans.



This coming week I run 12 miles, and after another recovery week... oh goodness my plan gets intimidating.  But, I've been looking at it this way - I haven't been able to celebrate a PR in quite a while.  In the coming weeks I'll (hopefully) have a distance PR to report almost every week!  So, in that sense I'm more excited than scared.

Until then, I'm happy to be feeling great and ultimately be too busy in my day to day to overanalyze things.  Onward!

2 comments:

  1. LOL at the arts & crafts & that's what she said! Training sounds awesome so far. And now I have a better idea of what you look like so I can say hi on the trail.

    ReplyDelete