Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Winner, Winner!

It's a major award!

Ok, not quite like that.  And yes, I realize Christmas is over but my love for this movie and this moment is year round.

I just wanted to share something pretty cool.  Last weekend, as part of the Kick Off Training Run, the Pittsburgh Marathon was offering a virtual option.  This way you could still be part of the excitement and be entered to win some cool prizes.


Like I posted before, I was going back and forth over whether to physically attend the run or not and due to the ice I opted for the treadmill (after some more delicious sleep, of course).

The pic above is what I posted to Instagram and used the #GameOnPgh hashtag.  I didn't think much about it afterward - I mean, everybody was doing it. ;-)

I was completely shocked when I got this comment to the pic on Monday:
Talk about excited!!  I've only been tempted by a FitBit for FOREVER.  I know I've said this before but I'm nerdy, I like gadgets and numbers and stats and graphs and all that jazz.  This plays right into my obsessive needs and desires!  I can't wait to do things like track how I sleep (crappy, I know - my cat has been sleeping on my face lately and I'm up and down a lot), and how many steps I've taken in a day.  I used to use an old school pedometer like 10 years ago when I first started walking for exercise.  I'm currently using a GPS watch and other trackers on my phone (endomondo, etc), but just how many steps is in a ten mile run?  I want to know this!  And I will!  I also think it is great that it connects to MyFitnessPal which I use on a daily basis! 

So yes I'm giddy - just like old Dad was over his leg lamp.  I got an email this morning that they were sending it out today so I should be getting it soon.  Can't wait to share my geeking out with you!

Thanks again to the people at the Pittsburgh Marathon!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Are you going to the rescheduled run this Saturday? I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of right now I have to say no. I want to, but now that the school year is in full swing again my middle kid has a regular Saturday group he goes to and I have to get him there. If he can ride with a friend I can make a Saturday run but we'll see.

      Delete